It's easy to add a domain or subdomain to any of your (mt) Media Temple servers.
A subdomain is a domain that is part of a top-level domain. For example, example.com is a top-level domain and store.example.com is a subdomain.
- Log into your AccountCenter.
- Click on DOMAINS at the top of the screen and then choose ADD NEW DOMAIN OR SERVICE.
- Under ADD DOMAINS, click the ADD DOMAIN button.
- Type in your domain or subdomain. Be sure not to use any of the following subdomains: www, FTP, mail.
Select I already own this domain. This option must be selected for a subdomain.
If you are trying to register a new domain, choose I want to register this domain. Additional details are here: How do I register a new domain?
- If you're adding a subdomain, you will see a warning box. Please read the message and click the check box to proceed.
- Now, select your server of choice. Then click on Next Step.
If a DNS zone file already exists for this domain on your account, you will receive a warning with the following options:
- Point to another server: This option will allow you to point the domain to a new server.
- Don't modify DNS: This option will leave the DNS for this domain as it stands. Select this if you do not want to make any changes to DNS.
- You'll now be returned to the Overview page of the AccountCenter. Your domain is listed under your selected server.
- If you are adding a domain to a DV, you will need to now add the domain in Plesk.
- If you are adding your domain to a WordPress Hosting service, you will also need to add the site in the WordPress Hosting control panel.