Effective August 11, 2014, (mt) Media Temple made changes to our AccountCenter login and contact management systems. Those changes will help you better manage your web assets across multiple accounts and streamline the login experience. Previously, accounts at (mt) Media Temple managed login information through multiple data sets: Primary domain and related user information. Now, your login information is synced to a single email address across all your (mt) accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is changing?
- On August 11, 2014, your primary domain will became optional at the login screen for the AccountCenter. The Primary Domain field will be phased out in the next few weeks.
If you have already linked two or more accounts to your user login, you will need to leave the Primary Domain field blank to log in to your (mt) Media Temple accounts.
- Administrative contacts are no longer able to add or remove contacts from an account. This privilege now rests exclusively with the Account Owner.
- New contacts are now invited to the account by the Account Owner. These contacts must first accept via email and set up their own AccountCenter passwords through a secure system.
- Customers listed on multiple accounts can now manage these accounts through a single login! A special post-login page will display for multi-account management that allows you to switch between accounts seamlessly.
- Account Owners will no longer set a contact's password or manage any details for a contact beyond email address and permission level.
- Email subscription preferences and contact address info will now be synced to a single email address, rather than multiple accounts.
When is this changing?
- These changes are in effect as of August 11, 2014. From this date, users associated with more than one account will receive an announcement email that has a link allowing them to authenticate to any one of their accounts and begin the linking process.
- The primary domain field will become optional from August 11, and will no longer be displayed on the login screen after approximately two weeks.
Why is this changing?
- Our goal at (mt) is to provide the best experience possible for users of the AccountCenter. Allowing users to manage their accounts with a single pair of credentials provides a simplified experience for both our regular and power users.
Who has the ability to manage contacts on an account?
- Only Account Owners can manage contacts on an (mt) Account. This includes invitations, deletions, & role changes.
How will this affect the existing contacts on my account?
- Owner: The Account Owner remains the primary user on each account. However, the Owner is now the only user that can invite contacts to an account.
- Administrative: Administrative contacts still manage all technical and billing functions, but can no longer invite or remove contacts to assist in managing the account.
- Tech: Technical contacts remain unchanged. These users are still allowed to manage technical aspects of the account, but do not have access to billing functions.
- Billing: Billing contacts remain unchanged. These users are still able to manage all billing aspects of an account, but do not have technical access to the services on the account.
- All contacts: All contacts can now manage multiple accounts using a single login.
I need to add someone to my account as a contact. How has this process changed?
- Contact invitations are a simple 3 step process:
- Account Owners invite a new contact by providing an email address and selecting a contact type (Administrative, Technical, or Billing).
- An invite email will be sent to the email address provided by the Account Owner.
- The invited contact clicks the acceptance link in the email and is taken to the AccountCenter. The invited contact then completes the process by either entering their existing credentials or creating a new password.
- For more information, please see Managing Your Contact Information
What if I need to change the name on my account?
- Users that are not listed as the Owner of any linked account are able to change their names at will.
- Users that are listed as the Account Center owner can change their contact information at any time via the contacts tab in the Account Center.
I am listed as a contact on multiple accounts. How do I log in and manage each of them without using a primary domain?
- Your AccountCenter login has not changed. You can log in normally using only your email address and password.
- If you haven't already, you'll need to complete the account linking process once you receive your email invitiation.
- Once your accounts have been linked, you will be taken to the new My Accounts page upon login. This is where you will select the account you wish to manage.
- You can also switch from managing one account to another. To do so, select Switch Accounts from the User Icon in the upper-right corner of your AccountCenter.
How do I manage my (mt) email subscription preferences?
- You can update these settings through the Contacts tool in the AccountCenter when managing any of your linked accounts.
- Your (mt) Media Temple email subscription preferences will now be synced to your email address across all accounts you manage.
- For more information, please see: Managing Your Email Subscription Preferences
Will users be forced to complete the contact linking process immediately?
- Users with multiple logins will be allowed to log into the AccountCenter without completing the linking process until August 18, 2014. After that date, customers that have yet to complete the linking process will no longer be able to skip it.
- The link provided in your single-login email is valid for 30 days.
- If you did not receive your single-login email, you can re-send it by logging into your existing (mt) account and following the instructions there.