The following article will guide you through configuring your email on an Android device.
(mt) Media Temple does not support third-party software or devices. For more information on Android, please visit http://www.android.com/.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Your domain name: example.com
- Your email address: email@example.com
For more information, please read this article: Creating a POP/IMAP email account.
- Your email password.
- Your access domain. Read our article What is an "Access Domain"? for more information.
READ ME FIRST
This article is provided as a courtesy. Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting third-party applications is outside the scope of support provided by (mt) Media Temple. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support.
READ ME FIRST
The publishing of this information does not imply support of this article. This article is provided solely as a courtesy to our customers. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support.
Configure your Android device
- Open your email client.
- Enter your full email address and password, see Figure 1.
- For the Account type, we recommend IMAP.
- For the Incoming settings, we recommend using your access domain for the incoming server. You will also want to leave the Security Type as None. See Figure 3 as an example.
- For the Outgoing settings, we also recommend using your access domain for the SMTP server, see Figure 4.
- Configure your Account options as desired on the subsequent screens and you're done!