This article shows you how to make your domain resolve to www.example.com instead of example.com.
By default, domains on WordPress hosting resolve to domain.com instead of www.example.com. In order to change your domain to include the 'www' subdomain in the site address, you must make a simple tweak to the database. The easiest way to do this is via phpMyAdmin, which may be accessed from the MediaTemple account center.
- Log into phpMyAdminphpMyAdmin.
- Select your database from the menu on the left.
- Click on the Browse icon for the wp_options table.
- Both the siteurl and home options need to be edited. Click on the pencil icon to enter the menu.
- Update the addresses for both the siteurl and home options from http://example.com to http://www.example.com. Click Go after updating the address. Make sure you use 'https' instead of 'http' if you have an SSL installed.
- Your domain should be resolving to 'www' now. It may be necessary to flush your cache in order to see the change immediately.