WordPress is a state-of-the-art blogging platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. WordPress is also one of the web's most popular content management systems (CMS). cPanel includes an automatic installer that you can use to set WordPress up on your domains for you.
Before You Begin
READ ME FIRST
This article is provided as a courtesy. Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting third-party applications is outside the scope of support provided by (mt) Media Temple. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support. (mt) Media Temple only supports the basic operation of the automatic WordPress installer in cPanel, not the WordPress application itself.
Additionally, it is possible to install WordPress manually without enabling cPAddon function for it, or going through these steps. You can still download and install WordPress from the WordPress website. For more information, read the installation instructions on the WordPress website. Please note that the WordPress version used in the guide below may not reflect the most recent version available.
- Log into WHM using your root login credentials.
- Find the Install cPAddons Site Software menu in the left-hand menu.
- Select WordPress from the list of software and click Update cPAddon Config:
- Allow the configuration update to complete. Then click Back.
- Log into cPanel for your domain.
- Click on Site Software.
- Click on WordPress.
- Once installed, you'll receive a notification with credentials to log into WordPress.
- WordPress should now be installed! You can now log into WordPress.