Making it Better
This article is part of the Making it Better series, which details advanced enhancements and customizations to your server.
READ ME FIRST
This article is provided as a courtesy. Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting third-party applications is outside the scope of support provided by (mt) Media Temple. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support.
Plesk Health Monitor is an additional Panel component that tracks all main server health parameters, including, but not limited to:
- Memory and CPU usage by different services
- Hard disk utilization
- Number of running processes
Plesk Health Monitor can also be configured to send visual and e-mail notifications when certain server parameters exceed specified thresholds.
Plesk Health Monitor requires approximately 1GB of disk space. You will want to ensure you have appropriate disk space available prior to installation.
- Connect to your server using SSH.
- Execute the following command to begin installation:
- From the "Welcome to the Parallels Installation and Upgrade Wizard!" screen, press "F" and hit the Enter key to continue.
- The next screen will show you the currently installed version of Plesk. Press "F" and hit the Enter key to continue further.
- Locate the number associated to Server Health Monitor (in this example, "4"). Input that number and press enter.
- The Plesk Health Monitor should now be highlighted with an asterisk. Now press "F" and hit the Enter key.
- Press "F" once more and hit the Enter key.
- Upon complete a message will indicate that the patches were installed succesfully.
- You can now, log into the Plesk Control Panel and access the Plesk Health Monitor.
If you upgrade your DV server and you're running Plesk version 10.3.x or earlier, the Health Monitor will not automatically acknowledge the increase in resources. You'll have to execute the following command via SSH:
Uninstalling the Plesk Health Monitor
To uninstall the Plesk Health Monitor from your server, execute the following command via SSH:
yum remove psa-health-monitor sw-collectd
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstall process.