Your FTP password (which is also your cPanel login password) lets you upload files to your Linux Hosting account through an FTP client. You can also use this password to log directly into cPanel without going through your hosting account.
When you first set up cPanel, it generates both a login name and this password for you. If you forgot your FTP password, or want to change it from the default, here's how to reset it.
- Log into your Media Temple account.
- Click the ADMIN button associated to your Shared Hosting server.
- In the account Dashboard, under Settings, next to your Password click Change.
- Enter a new Password, confirm it, and then click Change Password.
- To change passwords for other (non-primary) FTP users, see Creating & Editing FTP/SFTP.
- To log directly in to cPanel, go to http://example.com/cpanel, where example.com is your domain and its domain suffix. You can use the credentials above to log into cPanel.
- You can use an FTP client (like FileZilla) to connect to your hosting account with this username and password.