You can change your cPanel directory to show hidden or dot files, which are files that don't appear in the File Manager. They're called hidden or dot files because of the "." at the beginning of the file name, such as .htaccess or .user.ini.
- Log into your Media Temple account.
- Click on the blue ADMIN button associated to your Shared Hosting server.
- In the account Dashboard, click File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager, in the upper right-hand corner click .
- In the Preferences list, select Web Root (public_html or www) and check Show Hidden Files (dotfiles).
- Click Save.