If you want to use WordPress to build your website and blog, you have to first install it on your hosting account.
- Log into your Media Temple Account.
- Click on the blue ADMIN buton associated to your cPanel Linux Hosting.
- In the Applications section, click Installatron. This will take you to the Installation Applications Browser page.
- In the Apps for Content Management section, click WordPress blog.
- Click + install this application.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Install:
|Field||What to do...|
|Location - Domain||Select the domain name you want to use.
|Location - Directory (Optional)||Enter the directory where you want to install WordPress. If you enter a word in the field, the web address (URL) for the site you create will include this word in the directory name. For example, if you type blog in the Directory field, the web address for your WordPress website will be coolexample.com/blog.
|Version||We recommend using all of these default settings.|
|Settings||There are number of options here that are automatically generated for you.
|Advanced||Select how you want to manage advanced options like database management and backups.|