SEO is the practice of generating increased traffic to your website through organic search engine results. This is done by optimizing your online content so that a search engine will be more likely to show your website as a top result for searches. Yoast SEO is a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plug-in and is automatically installed with every Managed Wordpress site on versions Ultimate, Pro5, Pro10, Pro25, and newer. The following article will you through where this plugin can be located, and how you can set it up for the first time.
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT:
Please keep in mind that troubleshooting the configuration/functionality of third-party applications is not covered by our statement of support. These resources were provided as a courtesy to assist you to the extent of our abilities. For more information on our statement of support, feel free to click here.
- Log into your Media Temple Account.
- Select the blue ADMIN button associated to your Managed WordPress service.
- Locate your desired site. Click the three dot icon and select WP Admin.
- Select SEO.
- Select configuration wizard.
- Follow the instructions for the configuration wizard setup. The process is mostly answering questions regarding the use of your website.
- Once you've setup the Yoast plugin, you can check the Problems section regularly to see if there are issues with your site that might be damaging your site ranking.
- Selecting the Webmasters Tools tab will provide you with information on how to verify your site with various search engine webmaster tools, which will further assist in your SEO rankings.