To establish the connection between the domain name and your Media Temple server, you will want to ensure that your DNS is pointed to the correct location(s).
Method 1 - Nameserver Update
This method is for those who plan to host and manage DNS through their Media Temple account. You will need access to the account where your domain is registered (domain registrar). If you are unsure who your domain registrar is, you can run a WHOIS search on your domain to find out.
- Ensure your domain has been added to your server.
- Log into the account where your domain is registered.
- Change the nameservers to the following:
- That's it! You may need to wait, as DNS changes can take up to 24-48 hours to propagate.
Method 2 - DNS Record Changes
DNS Record Changes
This method is for those who need to have their nameservers at a third-party provider, but wish to point their DNS to their Media Temple server. There are circumstances where alterations or additional DNS may be added. However, below are the standard records used to point a domain to Media Temple.
- Log into the account where your DNS zone files are hosted.
- Update your DNS records to the following:
|Leave blank or use @||A||Server IP Address Server IP Address Server IP Address Server IP Address Server IP Address|
Your domain name (example.com)
Your domain name (example.com)Server IP Address Server IP Address Server IP Address
|A||Server IP Address Server IP Address Mail Server IP Address|
|Leave blank or use @||MX||
Different hosts can vary in their naming conventions and user-interface when it comes to DNS. Be sure to adjust your records according to specific requirements of your actual provider.