This article will show you how to setup your iPad with your Grid DV server email account(s) using the preferred IMAP protocol.
Check out our automated tool for easy email set up! On your iPad, go to: http://mediatemple.net/help/mail/mailconfig/.
Before you start, you'll need the following:
- Your "email access domain" which will be something like "XXXX-XXXX.accessdomain.com". To learn how to find your email access domain, please click here.
- Your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please read this article: Creating a POP/IMAP email account. Creating a POP/IMAP email account.
- Your email password.
- Choose IMAP or POP - Please see the Using EmailUsing Email article for more details. Choose IMAP if you want to check the account on multiple computers or mobile devices. POP downloads the messages locally to your computer/device.
READ ME FIRST
- The following tutorial is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your iPad to work with (mt) Media Temple's hosting solutions.
- Third-party software can not be supported directly by (mt) Media Temple. If you have further questions about your iPad, please visit http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/.
Watch this video to learn how to set up email on your iOS device.
First time setting up email on an iPad
- Open Mail on your iPad:
- Select Other from the list of options.
- Enter your email information and tap Next.
- Once the account is successfully added, you will be taken to the inbox.
Adding an additional email account to your iPad
- Tap Settings.
- Then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Next, tap Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Enter your email information.
- Name: Your full name as you would like it to appear.
- Address: Your full email address.
- Password: Your password for this email address.
- Description: By default, your domain name will be used. You can also use work, personal, home.
- Click the Save button to continue.