This article is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your BlackBerry to work with (mt) Media Temple's hosting solutions. Third-party software cannot be supported directly by (mt) Media Temple. If you have further questions about configuring your BlackBerry device, please visit BlackBerry Smartphone Setup.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Your domain name (e.g., example.com)
- Your email address (e.g., email@example.com) For more information, please read this article: Creating a POP/IMAP email account.
- Your email password.
1. Select the E-mail Settings icon on your BlackBerry. See Figure 1 as an example:
Figure 1: This is an example screen capture; your home screen may differ.
If the icon is not visible, select the BlackBerry icon next to the green call icon on your phone, and select "Show All." This will allow you to see all of your BlackBerry icons.
2. Enter your e-mail address and password. Click Next >. See Figure 2:
Figure 2: This is an example screen capture; your home screen may differ.
3. If the information entered was correct, it should show you a 'Success!' message. Once this is done, a new envelope icon will be placed on your BlackBerry front page which allows you to use your e-mail account. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: This is an example screen capture; your home screen may differ.
4. Click the Finish button. Congratulations! You've successfully added your email account to your BlackBerry device.