The Plesk 11 Control Panel uses webspaces and subscriptions to manage access to your domains and various control panel features.
Webspace is an isolated piece of hosting resources which will run your websites and mail. Every webspace is designated for multi-domain hosting, but you will need more than one to isolate different applications and limit user access.
Your primary domain will automatically be created as its own webspace.
Each webspace has individual access credentials (linked to a system user account), which allows you to limit user access to websites over FTP and SSH. Also, each webspace is associated with an IP address and an SSL certificate. So, you might want to have several webspaces if you need your websites to be hosted on different IPs or if several websites should be properly secured with SSL.
Subscriptions are used with the Service Provider view and are used by resellers. For more about subscriptions, please click here.
Power user mode: Create a Webspace
1. Log into the Plesk Control Panel.
2. Click on the Websites & Domains tab.
(note: Depending on your Plesk version this may also listed as Domains).
3. Click on Add Domain.
4. Enter the information for your domain.
- Domain name: Enter your domain name.
- Location of the website' files: Can add this to an existing webspace or leave as Create a new webspace.
- IP address: Select your IP address.
- Username: The desired username for the webspace.
- Password: Please choose a strong password.
- Repeat password: Please enter your password again.
5. Click the OK button.
Reseller mode: Create a Subscription
If you are a reseller and have elected to use the Service Provider view, the following instructions show you how to create a new subscription.
1. Log into the Plesk Server Administrator Panel.
2. Click on Subscriptions.
3. Then, click on Add New Subscription.
4. You will now need to fill out your website and subscription information.
Fill out your domain name, username and password, and subscription details.
- Domain name: Fill in your desired domain name.
- IP address: Select the IP address for your subscription.
- Username: Create a username for this subscription.
- Password: Create a password for this user.
- Service plan: Choose Default Domain, Unlimited, or None. These refer to resource allocation for your domains.
- Choose whether you want to want to customize the subscription parameters.
5. If you selected the option to customize your subscription, you will now be brought to the Customizing Subscription screen. See this article for details for details.
6. You will be returned to the main subscription page. Your new subscription is displayed. If you want to proceed with configuring your domains, click on the appropriate subscription.
Next, you might want to set up a domain, email, FTP, or a database: