The Media Temple file manager allows you to easily manage file restorations using 30-day 1-Click Restore. Grid backups are created each day at 12am PST. For help using the File Manager in general, please see this community article.
This information is specific to Grid Personal, Pro, and Elite users. Legacy Grid users like the (gs) Grid Service or (gs) Grid Service Lite must either restore from a local backup, or initiate an Emergency File Restore Request. Information about Grid Personal, Pro, and Elite plans can be found here.
- Media Temple backups are reliable, but it is still considered a best practice to periodically download a copy of your files.
- These backups ONLY include website files and database data, and does NOT include email backups. Email backups will want to be maintained locally by customers using a third-party application/client:
1. Navigate to your Grid control panel and select File Manager from the File Management panel.
2. Navigate to the individual file or directory that you wish to restore and click on the gear icon on the right side. Find the Restore menu at the bottom. Backups are for the last thirty days and occur each night at 12am PST.
- From the drop down menu, select a backup based on the appropriate date. If you are unsure of the exact date of the backup you need, it may be helpful to compare backups using the Preview feature. This will allow you to make side-by-side comparisons of your current content and the selected backup. It is also possible to use this utility to select older pieces of individual code. Simply copy and paste from the older backup.
3. Once you've determined which backup you'll be using, use the Restore File button. This will create a dated copy of the file in your file manager.
- In our example, the backup of index.html dated 9/29/2015 is added to the file manager as index.html_9-29-2015. To replace our current index.html with the backup, we simply rename index.html to something else, such as index.html_old, and then rename index.html_9-29-2015 to index.html.
For the Grid Personal, Pro, and Elite database backups are available through the File Manager under /backups/mysql. Restored databases will need to re-imported using phpmyadmin or SSH. If you require a refresher on importing databases, feel free to check out our guide here.