IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CLOUDFLARE:
Media Temple is now offering TrueSpeed CDN in place of CloudFlare. TrueSpeed is an easy to use service that includes important features like SSL support by default. If you're already using CloudFlare, you may want to consider making the switch. TrueSpeed can be purchased on its own, or as a part of the Premium Security Pack. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our award winning support team.
- Customers that had CloudFlare provisioned before January 1, 2016 will still see CloudFlare settings in their Grid Account Center.
You can easily add a subdomain to your CloudFlare service. This article will show you how!
A subdomain is a domain that is a subsection of what is often called a parent domain. For example, example.com is a parent domain, while store.example.com is a subdomain of example.com. www.example.com is also technically a subdomain.
Before you start
You will need to have your subdomain already added to your Grid. For detailed instructions, please see: Add a domain or subdomain.
- On the Overview page, scroll down to your Add-On Services section. Click on the Admin button to the right of your CloudFlare service.
- Your CloudFlare eligible domains are listed. Click on Disable to the right of the domain to edit your settings.
- In the pop-up window, click the Edit Settings button.
- Next, check the box for your subdomain, then click the Continue button.
- Please be patient. This step can take up to 15 minutes to complete. You can leave this screen at any time. You will receive a confirmation similar to the previous image.