The following article will detail how to suspend and unsuspend a user in Google Workspace. This process will not affect the user's data. All data (email, calendar items, documents, etc.) present in the user's account at the time of suspension will be accessible again once the user is unsuspended.
Please be aware that suspended users continue to occupy a seat (user license) while suspended.
Suspending a user
- Log in to the Google Admin console as the Super Admin.
- Navigate to the Users page.
- Locate the desired user. Then select the More >> Suspend user.
- Click on the confirmation button to suspend the user.
Unsuspending a user
- Select + Add a Filter >> User status >> Suspended.
- Click on the suspended user's name to access their account.
- On the user's account page, open the menu under the user's picture and choose Restore user.