Outlook is a third-party email client that can be installed to a computer device to check and access Media Temple email accounts. On occasion, you may find the need to update the settings in this program (ie: new password, connection issues, etc). This guide will provide information on how to update the Outlook settings for your Media Temple server.
This article is primarily for Outlook version 16.16.5 (64-bit) on Sierra (OSX 10.12.32). Your version of Outlook may vary depending on the version of Mac OSX you are using.
READ ME FIRST
This article is provided as a courtesy. Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting third-party applications is outside the scope of support provided by Media Temple. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support.
This guide is intended for those who've already configured an email user to Outlook, and ONLY want to update the existing settings. If you are looking for instructions on how to configure a user for the first time, we have an article better suited for your needs:
- In the upper-left hand corner, click on Outlook. Then click on Preferences...
- A pop-up menu should appear. Click on Accounts.
- A list of your available accounts will be on the left. You can use this page to input any data such as your email address, passwords, server, or port numbers.
- To check your Outgoing server settings you can click on More Options...
- Generally using the same information as your incoming server is fine when using (mt) Media Temple servers. But if for for some reason you want to change them you can change the setting to Username and Password.