Managed WordPress Ultimate, Pro5, Pro10, Pro25 servers come included with a free Standard SSL for each primary domain that will automatically renew. For information on how you can utilize this free option, check out the documentation below:
Media Temple SSLs are valid for one year and must be renewed annually. Use these instructions to renew your Media Temple SSL.
- If you plan to renew your SSL certificate with Media Temple, the process is similar to when you initially ordered your Media Temple certificate.
- A few days prior to the expiration date, you will see the option to verify your SSL. There are a variety of verification methods available. For information on the different options, feel free to click here.
You only need to complete ONE of the verification methods for your SSL.
- Once you've completed ONE of the verification methods, you can view your Certificate Info and check the Validity Period to ensure that the SSL renewed successfully.
- If the Validity Period appears correct, simply re-install the renewed SSL to your website. For additional help with installation: Installing a (mt) Media Temple SSL Certificate. Installing a (mt) Media Temple SSL Certificate. Installing a (mt) Media Temple SSL Certificate.
Additional instructions for Plesk
Plesk users must also update their selected certificate in the Plesk control panel. Follow the instructions below after you've renewed your Media Temple SSL.
1. Log into Plesk and click on Websites & Domains
2.Click on the domain that you would like to work with and select Hosting Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Use the drop-down menu under the security section to select the new certificate.
4. Click apply. The change should take effect immediately.