Starting with Apple's iLife '09, you can now easily publish your web content to any hosting service via FTP. The following guide will show you how to upload your iWeb site to your (mt) Media Temple Service. If you are using iWeb '08, you will need to upgrade to the newest version.
This tutorial is provided as a courtesy. Third-party software cannot be supported directly by (mt) Media Temple. If you have further questions about configuring Apple iWeb, please visit http://www.apple.com/support/.
Let's get started
- Launch your Apple iWeb application.
- Choose your theme and start creating the pages for your website.
- Click on the title of your site in the menu on the left side:
- Enter your server settings, see Figure 1 for reference:
Figure 1: Click for larger view.
Publish to: FTP Server
Site Name: example.com or s00000.gridserver.comor your IP address
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FTP Server Settings
- Enter your server settings:
- Server address: example.com or s00000.gridserver.comor your IP address
- User name: example.comdomainuser
- Directory path:
If that doesn't work, you can try
/domains/example.com/html/(with the /).
- Protocol: FTP or SFTP (SSH must be enabled for SFTP)
Port: 21 for FTP, 22 for SFTP (SSH must be enabled for SFTP)
- Website URL: http://www.example.com/
- Facebook: This is optional.
- To publish your site simply, click on "Publish Site"
If you experience difficulty publishing your site with iWeb, we recommend you use an FTP client. Please read this article for more information: Using FTP and SFTP.