Our DV product line includes a fully configurable firewall that you can administer from the Plesk Control Panel. For additional details on usage, please consult their guide. With our Advanced Recovery Tools, you can reset these rules especially in the event of being "locked out" of your server.
Using the AccountCenter Advanced Recovery tools
This tool will reset the firewall rules for your DV and output a dump of the current rules to a plaintext file. You can only perform an "Archive & Reinstall" through the AccountCenter controls. If you wish to do a complete reinstall without saving any prior data or user accounts, you will need to use the instructions for Virtuozzo and not the AC tools.
- Log into your Media Temple account.
- Click on the blue ADMIN button associated to your server.
- Within the Additional Tools menu, click Advanced Recovery.
- Scroll down to Reset Firewall Rules, and click the Reset Firewall button to start the process.
- Confirm the action, making note of the file under which your old rules will be saved. They will be saved to /root/iptables_save.txt.
- It may take up to 15 minutes for the firewall to be reset. You will see a confirmation pop up once the firewall has been reset.
After this process is completed, your firewall rules will be set back to default. You may then start re-applying any custom rules you may need, or simply continue using your server using the default rules.
If you wish to tune your firewall rules at this point, simply navigate to the Firewall menu on your Virtuozzo screen in Plesk.
Reset firewall rules in Plesk
We do not recommend resetting your firewall rules within Plesk. Please see the above section for detailed instructions to reset the rules from your AccountCenter.