In the Domain Name System (DNS) hierarchy, a subdomain is a domain that is part of a larger domain. For example, sub.example.com, store.example.com, blog.example.com are subdomains of the example.com domain.
How can I add a subdomain?
- Log into the Plesk Control Panel for your domain.
- Click on Websites & Domains.
- At the bottom of this page, you will see a list of your domains for this subscription. Click on the Add New Subdomain button.
- Complete this form. Enter your subdomain and select the domain you want.
- Subdomain name: Enter your subdomain name.
- Document root: The default will be the "subdomain.domain.com" -- you can use any name you like. Be sure to use only alpha-numeric characters, avoid spaces and special characters.
- Press OK to continue.
- You are now returned to the Websites & Domains page. Your newly added subdomain will be listed underneath the top-level domain.
- That's it! You just added a subdomain in Plesk.
If you haven't already added your domain in the AccountCenter, you'll need to do this. You manage the Zone File for your domain in the AccountCenter, not Plesk. For instructions, please see: How do I add a domain or subdomain to my server?