Our system maintains regular backups of all customer data for disaster recovery purposes. While we keep these mainly for our own use, we can attempt to accommodate customer requests in the rare case that your own self-managed backups do not contain the data you need.
(mt) Media Temple provides NO GUARANTEE that the data you need will be available. We encourage all customers to maintain their own backups. We offer this service only as a last-resort measure to customers who have exhausted all other means of retrieving their data. In the event that we cannot recover the requested data, there will be no charge. Otherwise, there is a one-time fee of $79 that will be charged for this service.
This data restoration will only cover the files, databases, emails, and/or site content you've specified in the request. If you'd like a backup of your entire server, you may specify in your request for a Full Data Restoration. However, do keep in mind that may result in ALL the data currently on your server being removed and replaced by the backup data.
Are you on the Grid Personal, Pro, or Elite?
If so, there is a free 30-day backup restore feature built-into the File Manager. If you'd like information on how to use this feature, feel free to click here.
- Log into your Media Temple Account Center.
- Click on the blue Admin button next to your server.
- Click on Emergency File Restore Request.
- From the drop-down menu, select the service you want to request a backup for.
- Choose the date and time you want the backup to be pulled from.
- Add additional details like specific files, databases, or users.
- Add any additional notes in the Notes/Extra field.
- Be sure to read the terms of the Emergency Backup Restoration. Once you have done so, check mark the acknowledgment box and select Order Restoration.
- A support request will be generated for you to monitor the status of your request. You will be sent a notification through this support request to let you know once the restoration backup has been completed.
Depending on your restoration request, there may be some manual steps required in order to replace your current data with the data from the emergency backup. For steps on how to do this, feel free to check out the documentation below:
The Managed WordPress servers have a free 30-day backup feature which can be used to restore your website. If you'd like more information on how to utilize this feature. Feel free to check our our additional article below:
Emergency email recovery is not available on the Managed WordPress service. We strongly recommend maintaining regular backups of your email using a third-party client.