The following article will guide you through configuring your email on an Android device. (mt) Media Temple does not support third-party software or devices. For more information on Android, please visit http://www.android.com/.
For customers that obtained Managed WordPress packages offered by Media Temple after February 23rd, 2015, you will want to refer to the getting started article for Google Apps for Work.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Your domain name: example.com
- Your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please read this article: Creating a POP/IMAP email account.
- Your email password.
- Your access domain. Read our article What is an "Access Domain"? for more information.
READ ME FIRST
This article is provided as a courtesy. Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting third-party applications is outside the scope of support provided by (mt) Media Temple. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support.
READ ME FIRST
The publishing of this information does not imply support of this article. This article is provided solely as a courtesy to our customers. Please take a moment to review the Statement of Support.
Configure your Android device
- Open your email client.
- Enter your full email address and password, see Figure 1.
- For the Account type, we recommend IMAP.
- For the Incoming settings, we recommend using your access domain for the incoming server. You will also want to leave the Security Type as None. See Figure 3 as an example.
- For the Outgoing settings, we also recommend using your access domain for the SMTP server, see Figure 4.
- Configure your Account options as desired on the subsequent screens and you're done!