The Advanced Support On-Demand Move a Site service is an assisted migration service through (mt) Media Temple's premium support solution. The Move a Site service provides a seamless migration for a single web application or website to or from a (mt) Media Temple Grid or DV hosting service.
How to Order
You can order the Move a Site service directly through your AccountCenter. To do so, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Order your Move a Site service
- From your AccountCenter, select Add New Domain or Service from the Domains tab:
- Scroll down to the Add-On Services section and click the Get Started button next to Move Your Site.
- Enter the URL of the site you wish to move.
- Click Continue Order.
- You will now be directed to your shopping cart to purchase the service.
- Once you have purchased the service, you will receive an update to your order's support request within 24 hours. This update will include additional requests for information related to your Advanced Support order that can help us expedite the process. Please follow the instructions contained in this support request in your AccountCenter as soon as possible.
Step 2: Complete your order
Once Advanced Support has activated your order, you will be asked to provide additional details to facilitate the move. Follow the steps below to complete the order:
- From your AccountCenter, select the Overview tab.
- Click the Manage button next to SiteMover.
- Your Move a Site order's status and progress will be reflected at the top of the screen. Scroll down and fill out the required information below. Please provide as much detailed information as possible.
- Once you have submitted the required information for your Move a Site service, you can sit back, relax and let Advanced Support take care of the rest!
How do I check on the status of my Advanced Support Move-a-Site service?
The support request related to your order is your primary means of communication with our Advanced Support experts. If you have any questions related to the progress of your order, using that specific support request will ensure that your question goes straight to the team handling your move and can ensure the most accurate, direct, and timeliest response to your inquiry possible.
You can also check on the overall progression of your Move a Site order through your AccountCenter. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Log into the AccountCenter.
- In the Advanced Support Services section, click the Manage button to the right of SiteMover.
- At the top of the screen you will be able to see the status for your Move a Site service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Move a Site cost?
The Move a Site service is $150.00.
What types of site does the Move a Site service actually move?
The Advanced Support Move a Site service is good for one CMS installation or static website. A single purchase is not good for full server migrations, multiple CMS installations, or subdomains. If you need to move more than a single web application (e.g., a Joomla! site and a WordPress blog), you will need to purchase multiple Move a Site services.
How long will it take me to hear from Advanced Support after placing my order?
You can expect an initial contact via support request within 24 hours of your order. After you've consulted with an Advanced Support team member, please allow 3 to 5 days for completion. If an order takes longer than anticipated, we will contact you before proceeding.
Will my site go down during the move?
Generally speaking, your site will not go down during the move, since DNS should not change until after the move is complete. The Advanced Support expert assisting you will not make any changes to your site that might cause an outage.
Advanced Support experts will test your site on your new server extensively before giving you the green light to change DNS. Because of this, it is extremely unlikely that you will experience any downtime related to your migration.
What if I notice something wrong immediately following the migration?
If something goes wrong with your site that you believe to be related to your Advanced Support Move a Site service, please respond to the support request related to your Move a Site service through your AccountCenter within one week of the move being completed. Please make sure that you do not mark the support request as "Resolved."