Follow these instructions to close one of your (mt) Media Temple services or your entire account.
For data protection purposes, only the listed owner of a (mt) Media Temple account can close services. If you are not the listed owner of the account you wish to close, please have the listed owner log into the AccountCenter to complete this process.
Submit a Request to Close
- If you are the listed account owner, sign into the AccountCenter.
- Click or hover on the Billing tab. Or, just click here to be taken there directly.
- Click on Billing Center.
- Click Request to Close.
- Select any of the services you would like to close by checking the box to the right of the service. To begin closing the entire account, scroll to the bottom of the window and check the box for Close all services on your account.
- Click NEXT STEP to proceed.
- This service will now be closed on the date requested. If you selected the earliest date, you will not be billed for this service again. All content and backups related to this service will be lost after the designated date.
If you would like to close the service before the dates available in the AccountCenter, please follow these steps:
- Submit a Request to Close for the service you want to close. See instructions above.
- The owner will need to open a new support request referencing the service you want to close. Be sure to indicate your desired date of closing.
The support request must explicitly confirm that you are aware that you will lose ALL data associated with any closed service or account. We will not be able to process any expedited request without this acknowledgment.
If you are closing an IP address add-on service, we ask that you submit a support request rather than a request to close, as this will allow us to determine which additional IP address you need to remove. For more information, please visit this article.
For security purposes, an email confirmation will be sent to the account Owner after a Request to Close is filed in the AccountCenter, to ensure that all cancellations are legitimate.
Requests to Close by telephone, fax, or email will not be accepted.