A site seal is a visual indicator that can be placed on a webpage to let visitors know that your site has a legitimate and verified CA SSL. This is particularly helpful for sites that run e-commerce and online stores, as it will remind your customers that their identity and payment information are encrypted.
A site seal comes complementary with every (mt) Media Temple SSL, and adding it to your website is generally a quick and easy process!
You will want to be sure you have purchased a (mt) Media Temple SSL. If you'd like information on how to purchase a (mt) Media Temple SSL, feel free to review some additional documentation below:
Locating your Site Seal
- Log into your Media Temple account.
- Scroll down to ADD-ON SERVICES. Click on the MANAGE button associated to your SSL.
- Under SSL ADMIN, click View/Download Certificate Info.
- Scroll down and locate the Site Seal section.
This can be copy/pasted in the code section of your website.
- Below we will show a simple way to do this with WordPress. If you have a custom build website or a different CMS, you may want to contact your website developer for information on embedding the site seal to your website.
Adding a Site Seal to WordPress
A site seal can be placed in various areas of a website. In this example, we will be adding it to the footer. If you'd like to place your site seal elsewhere, you may want to consult your website developer for details.
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard for your website.
- Click on Appearances.
- Click on Widgets
- Click on Text.
- Ensure the Footer is selected. Then click Add Widget.
- In the Text widget, click on the Text tab. Copy/Paste your Site Seal into the text box. Then click Save.
- That's it! If you visit your website, you should now see the site seal in your footer.