The following article will provide you with instructions on how you can transfer you services to a different Media Temple account. Before submitting a request to move a service, you will want to consider the following:
This is for moving an entire service (server, domain registration, SSL). If you are looking to move a domain's website files in between servers, then you will want to perform a site migration. Information on that topic can be found below:
- How do I move my websites between Grid services?
- Migrating Your Websites to Managed WordPress
- Migrate to a DV from a Grid
- Using the cPanel/WHM Transfer Accounts Tool
- Using the Plesk Migration Manager
When moving a service into a new account. The new account will take over the billing for that service. This means that upon the service's next renewal date, the new account will be charged for payment.
Both the current and new (mt) Account Owners will need to submit a support request to conduct a service move. For information on account roles, click here.
Transfer between existing Media Temple accounts
- Let's suppose you want to move the following service into a different Media Temple account:
- Have the current and new (mt) Account Owners submit a support request.
- In order to ensure a successful transfer, be sure to include the following:
- An example would be:
I approve to move the DV w/SSDs (CentOS 7) - Level 1 (mycpanelserver.com) from account #12345 to account #54321.
I understand that this will move the entire service, and that the new account will be responsible for the billing on this service.
- Our support team will review both the current and new (mt) Account Owner support requests. When the transfer is complete, you will receive a reply, and the service will appear in the new account.
Create a new Media Temple account
- If you wish to create a new Media Temple account and transfer a service into it, start by having the current (mt) Account Owner submit a support request.
- You will want to include the service information, along with the contact information for the new account.
- Company Name (if applicable)
- Owner's Name (first and last name).
- Billing Address (Street and Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country).
- Email (please ensure this is accurate, as this is what the new account owner will use to sign in).
- Phone number.
- An example would be:
I wish to move my DV w/SSDs (CentOS 7) - Level 1 (mycpanelserver.com) into a new Media Temple account.
The new account information will be:
Company Name: Media Temple
Owner Name: John Smith
Billing Address: 12130 Millenium Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90094, United States of America
I understand that this will move the entire service and that the new account will be responsible for the billing on this service.
- Our support team will review the support request. You will receive a reply once the request is completed.
- The new account owner will receive an email notification. They will want to use this notification to sign into their Media Temple account and set up the billing on the account.
Services not able to be transferred
At this time the following services are not able to be moved by Media Temple Support Agents:
These services will need to be moved manually using one of the following processes: