The following guide will show you how to backup & restore your Outlook email.
If you are looking for information on setting up an account in Outlook, feel free to review the additional article below:
This article is primarily for Outlook for Mac version 16.16.9 on Sierra (OSX 10.12.32). Your version of Apple Mail may vary depending on the version of Mac OSX you are using.
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT:
Please keep in mind that troubleshooting the configuration/functionality of third-party applications is not covered by our statement of support. These resources were provided as a courtesy to assist you to the extent of our abilities. For more information on our statement of support, feel free to click here.
- While in Outlook, click on File. Then select Export.
- Select the data you wish to backup. Then click Continue.
- Select a destination to save your file. You will then receive a notification indicating that your export was successful.
- That's it! Your backup should now be saved as an .olm file.
- While in Outlook, click on File. Then select Import.
- Select the data you wish to import. In this example, we will be importing an .olm file.
- Select your backup file.
- You will receive a notification indicating that your import was successful.
- The imported mailbox will located under "On My Computer". If you wish you can reorganize by dragging your desired messages into new or existing mailboxes.
We hope this guide has been helpful! Do keep in mind that Media Temple is not the developer of Outlook. If further assistance is required, we suggest viewing the Resources link below, contacting Apple Support directly, or contacting your local IT specialist.