(mt) Media Temple accounts are closed for two reasons:
- A request to close has been processed on the account after being submitted by the listed Account Owner.
- The account was suspended for an overdue balance and left unpaid for 30 days.
When a (mt) Media Temple account is closed, all data is deleted from the server. There is a slim chance that (mt) Media Temple may have an emergency backup for your use, but we do not guarantee the completeness or availability of such data.
Keep in mind that only the listed Account Owner has the ability to re-open closed accounts. Inquiries from non-Account Owners will automatically be denied.
Steps to re-open account
In order to re-open the account, Media Temple will need to confirm the identity of the Account Owner. In order to do this:
- Download the Account Email Update/Reopen Request.
- Fill out the above form.
- If you plan to use the same email address, simply re-enter it in the New Email Address section.
- Make a digital color copy of a government-issued ID.
- Be sure you are submitting one of the approved forms of identification outlined in the form.
- Sign the form.
- Submit the form and ID to email@example.com.
- Allow approximately 3 business days for initial review. You will be contacted to let you know if/when your request is approved.
- If you require data recovery after the account has been re-opened, you can login to your Media Temple Account and contact Support through chat, support request, or telephone at 310-841-5500 to get assistance in submitting an Emergency Backup Restoration.
Data recovery options
(mt) Media Temple maintains regular backups of all customer data for disaster recovery purposes. While we keep these mainly for our own uses, we can accommodate customer requests in the rare case that your own self-managed backups do not contain the data you've lost.
Please be aware of the following conditions to ensure successful recovery of the needed data:
- Due to the time needed to locate and recover the needed files by an administrator, we will charge a one-time fee. This fee cannot be waived or reduced.
- We require the exact name and path of the file, folder, or database. If you require a full account recovery, please specify whether you need all files, databases, or both.
- (mt) Media Temple provides NO GUARANTEE that the data you need will be available. We encourage all customers to maintain their own backups. We only offer this service as a last-resort measure to customers who have exhausted all other means of retrieving their data. In the event that we cannot recover the needed data, there will be no charge.
- Most data recovery requests have a turn-around time of 8-16 hours. Due to the time-sensitive nature of this task, we will treat your support request with higher priority. However, we cannot begin the process until you verify that you agree to these terms.