This article outlines the steps for transferring a domain registration to Media Temple. We are able to register and/or accept transfers for .com, .org, .net, .info, .biz, .co, .me, .agency, .io, .media, .pro, .social, .studio, and .xyz domain names.
If you are looking for information on how to transfer a domain AWAY from Media Temple, we advise checking a different article, listed below:
Below are a list of items you will want to check at your current/losing registrar. This will help ensure that you have the smoothest possible domain transfer.
- Make sure your domain is not expired.
- Ensure domain privacy has been turned off.
- Ensure domain locking has been turned off.
- Ensure that your domain has NOT been registered, transferred, or had ownership changed within the last 60 days.
- Contact your current/losing registrar, and get the Authorization Code for the domain you plan to transfer.
The losing registrar is the domain registrar you are planning to transfer the domain registration AWAY from. This can also be referred to as the "current registrar."
The winning registrar is the NEW domain registrar you are planning to transfer the domain registration to. In this article, Media Temple will be considered the winning registrar.
- Log into your Media Temple account.
- Click the ADD NEW SERVICE button, located in the top-right corner of your account.
- Click TRANSFER DOMAIN.
- Type the name of your domain, then click USE THIS DOMAIN.
- Submit your order for the domain transfer.
- Once your transfer order has been submitted, click the ADMIN button next to the domain you are attempting to transfer.
- If you do not see an ADMIN button, but see your domain listed in your Account Center, then you will want to instead access the control panel for your domain.
- Click Authorize Transfer to Media Temple.
- Enter your Authorization code. Then click Submit.
- Once your submission is complete, you can Check Domain Status.
- Click the dropdown by Domains.
- Click Transfer-In.
- Click View Details by the domain you are trying to transfer.
If you are experiencing issues with your domain transfer, you may want to check the Reasons for a domain transfer to fail. You may also fee free to reach out to our 24/7 support staff by opening a support request, starting a chat, or calling us at 1.310.841.5500.