Media Temple’s culture of innovation revolves around constantly improving our premium hosting solutions and keeping our servers at the forefront of performance to give our customers all the features they need with the simplicity and flexibility they want.
Following that customer-first approach, last November, we relaunched our self-managed, managed and fully-managed VPS hosting solutions, adding Solid State Drive (SSD) storage, increased bandwidth and doubled RAM, thus bringing a blazing fast, highly responsive and more-reliable-than-ever VPS to web designers, app developers, SysAdmins, Linux ninjas, creative agencies and studios. Since then, we have been hard at work, further enhancing all of our VPS lines:
- Customers on managed VPS and self-managed VPS (prior to the relaunch) all recently received new bandwidth thresholds – at least doubling the amount available and, in some cases, tripling or even quadrupling it!
- Our self-managed VPS solution (DV Developer) now boasts the choice of the newest versions of Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, and CentOS.
- In addition to being protected by daily malware scan support, our managed VPS solution (DV with SSDs), now features SiteLock’s industry-leading SMART (Secure Malware Alert & Removal Tool) technology to automate malware removal as soon as it’s detected.
- Customers using the Plesk control panel for managed VPS can now choose to reinstall either CentOS 6 or CentOS 7 when restoring their server to the default configuration.
UPDATE TO THIS BLOG POST, ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2015, AS OF OCTOBER 13, 2015:
- New managed and fully managed VPS customers who choose the Plesk control panel will be provisioned with its latest version, Plesk 12.5. Improvements include optimized core administrative tasks, a better overall user experience, increased supportability for administrators, and enhanced development features. Here is a complete list of everything that’s new in Plesk 12.5
Current VPS customers using earlier versions of Plesk can either keep using it or upgrade to Plesk 12.5 at their convenience.
As always, we encourage any feedback or suggestions, so feel free to leave your insights in the comments section below.