GENERATE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO U.S. RESIDENTS 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on July, 5th at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends on July 10 at 3:00pm PST (“Promotion Period”).
- Sponsor: Media Temple, Inc. (“Media Temple”), 8520 National Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232.
Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Administrator and Sweepstakes Partners (“Partners”), their respective related companies and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each are not eligible to enter. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth in these Official Rules.
- How to Enter: To participate in Media Temple’s “Generate Giveaway” sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), re-tweet the mentioned tweet.
- Winners: Prize winners will be chosen at random
- ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
- Prizes: Grand Prize is a ticket to Generate SF Conference (ARV $339). There will be one (2) winners. Total two (2) prizes. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable. If prizes remain after the Promotion Period, they will not be awarded. Odds of winning a prize are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, including without limitation any applicable income taxes on prizes and for any other expenses relating to the use of prizes. Sponsor, to the extent required by law, reserves the right to notify local, state and federal taxing or regulatory authorities of the identity of the winner, the value of the prize, and any other information required by any applicable statute, regulation, or ordinance.
- Verification of Winners: All potential winners will receive a claim form via e-mail to submit the official name and shipping information. Potential winners may be sent via e-mail a claim form and affidavit of eligibility/liability/publicity release that must be signed and notarized (where permitted by law) within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent. Failure to complete any requested forms may result in forfeiture of prize and a new winner selected. Sponsor will determine how prize is delivered.
- General Rules: Where permitted by law, entrants that become prize winners grant to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s permission, the right at any time to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, and without review, notice or approval.
Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found, in their sole discretion, to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; (c) acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods will void all such entries, and any participant using any such method will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR, WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, OR OTHER SWEEPSTAKES PARTNERS, AND EACH OF THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE “AS IS”, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR OR PARTNERS HAS NEITHER MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING EXPRESS WARRANTIES (IF ANY) PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY BY A PRIZE SUPPLIER THAT ARE SENT ALONG WITH THE PRIZE.
- Additional Terms and Conditions: Entrants agree that any and all disputes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. Releasees are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for transactions (including response submissions) that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any web site associated with this Sweepstakes, or process any transaction thereon. If in the Sponsor or Administrator’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor, Administrator and partners reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and or void any entries submitted fraudulently, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and award the remaining prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the action requiring such termination. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety at any time and at its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or modified prior to the stated end date, notice will be posted on www.mediatemple.net or as redirected to an alternative link. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor, Administrator and sweepstakes partners reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies form any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any attempts by an individual to access any web site associated with this Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices, or Sweepstakes entry services or programs is prohibited.
- Winners List or Rules Requests: Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Media Temple, Inc. “Generate SF” Sweepstakes (Please list either Winner’s List or Rules Requests). Requests must be received by August 1, 2016. VT residents may exclude return postage.
Copyright © 2016 Media Temple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.