It’s clear one of the best aspects of working at (mt) is discovering our clients’ stories. Meeting clients and exploring our network for exceptional projects is in our DNA. Eat Art came across our radar through our creative circle and we’re thrilled to feature this charity driven, art marketplace.
1. Tell us who you are and what you do?
I’m Todd Clark, I’m a husband, dad, Pastor, friend and photographer with entrepreneurial tendencies.
2. What were you doing before you started Eat Art?
I started Discovery Church in Simi Valley, CA in 2003 in a movie theater. I am still the lead Paster, with 13 other pastors/staff.
3. What’s next for Eat Art?
The next goal is to send One Million Meals to hungry kids in 2012!
We plan and pray to reach this goal by achieving the following steps:
- Significantly expand our online art galleries with more pro and amateur photographers and paitners.
- Expand our Eat Art Apparel into retail outlets. We are currently in 6 retail stores in CA, AR, TX and NM.
- Expand our number of Eat Art shows featuring nights dedicated to people buying art and battling hunger!
4. What has surprised you the most in the creation and management on Eat Art?
I would say my greatest surprise is the desire in the DNA of so many artists to “Do good”! There is something woven into the DNA of each of us that wants to make a positive difference in this world. I have been humbled and overwhelmed by the number of artists submitting their art. We are way behind on creating galleries, which is a good problem to have!
It’s crazy to me that the number one cliche used to describe artists is “starving artist” and at Eat Art we have found a way to join artists with a cause in feeding “starving Children”!
Pretty cool and amazing: You get the art, the kids get to eat.
You can Find Eat Art apparel at Parts Unknown.
We’ll be featuring clients on our blog as often as we can. If you are doing something exceptional and would like to be featured on the (mt) blog, email Jason at email@example.com.